Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Why Namaste in High Heels? And Why Now?

Hello, world. Yes, I have started a blog, and I just love the idea. The purpose of this post is to detail why I have named my blog Namaste in High Heels: what that means to me. Basically, I see my existence as a constant contradiction, my identity pulling me in two directions simultaneously. On one hand is the "namaste" (meaning I honor the spirit in you which is also in me), my yoga-loving crunchy hippie that wants to honor nature and love all things and breathe. And on the other is my "high heels", my desire to be chic and fashionable and enjoy the finest material things life has to offer.

This basic contradiction is always on my mind, as I constantly try to navigate through life and my identity. And so, this identity crisis has brought me here, now. To New York City.

Truly, what is a conceivable better place in the world to explore this contradiction? I can do my yoga and think peaceful thoughts and "center myself" and my general existence, in one of the most extravagant cities in the world. So I am here, living in New York City with two friends from college, looking for a job and desperately seeking namaste.

So really, enjoy. Here goes...something

No comments:

Post a Comment